TEEN STRINGS Indianapolis Tour 2015
Click Here for Photos
The TEEN STRINGS program is designed to serve the unique needs of accomplished teenaged string players. TEEN STRINGS furthers interest in music through educational, social, and performance opportunities. Open to students ages 12-18 who play violin, viola, cello, bass, guitar, or piano. For more information, click here.
- Self-direction and ownership of music making
- Give input on repertoire for study
- Plan and lead activities for the fall musical retreat
- Plan parties held during the year
- A positive, diverse peer group to build community
- Socialize and play music with others from different schools and many parts of the city: Walnut Hills High School, Ursuline Academy, School for Creative & Performing Arts, and others.
- Annual TEEN STRINGS Tour
- In 2014, TEEN STRINGS travelled to Cleveland, Ohio to perform for two string eduation programs.
- Music education with high musical standards
- TEEN STRINGS has the benefits of CSP's 19-year tradition of high-quality musical training, with exploration of a variety of musical styles.
- Impact on the Cincinnati community with outreach concerts
- Each year the ensemble performs at local festivals, retirement homes and at the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
- Teen parties (pizza, games, music) and concert outings
- Overnight musical "retreat" in October
- Performances for Cincinnati arts events and social service agencies
- Saturday Ensemble and Music Theory Program: TEEN STRINGS touring ensemble with Dr. Vincent Phelan; Chamber Music Literature Class; Theory & Analysis; Chamber Music Literature
- Positive private instruction available for violin and viola